Monday, January 29, 2018

Session 8 - Kohuru

I awoke famished the next morning and ate a massive breakfast. Malek joined me for the meal which was concluded by him combing wine through is beard and tucking fish under his arms for later. I made my way over to Tagi's armory and inquired after some sort of bracer with a blade attached. They said they could fashion one, but with Sameel's group departing for Bar'tak Ken'tak, my project would be a lower priority.

Content with that, I wandered outside where I met Dabar's new friend, Shuma. He looks like an able enough lad, and it will be nice to have someone else for Dabar to talk to. We also ran into Nabal, who is exploring what could be Hulathi ruins to the West. He requested our aid when we were done helping Japeth, and he was kind enough to give us a blessing for our journey. Dabar wasn't impressed with him, but I liked the priest. I'm looking forward to spending more time with him.

Shuma then led us to a vendor where I could buy a mule. We briefly haggled on a price and settled on one that seemed fair. Just as our business was concluding, Malek offered to buy up the rest of them! The owner was just as shocked as I was, but he gathered his composure quickly enough to take Malek's gold and dance away, rejoicing at the windfall. Malek attempted to let the mules go free, but this was obviously a new concept for them.

I spent the rest of the day amused by Malek's attempts at releasing them and finished my evening back at Sameel's barracks. The afternoon rains had cleared, and as the stars slowly twinkled into existence, I was once again reminded of the skies over our enclave. The sky is the same, but the world seems a much larger place somehow out here on the plains.

~~~~~

The next morning, I saddled up the mule, swung by Tagi's (only to find the bracer wasn't finished yet), and we left Sentem behind. I can see the mountains rising up from the plains in the distance; it's looks like it's going to be a good day for traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment